10 input Firewire interface. PC/Mac The FireStudio Mobile is a ten-input, six-output professional recording system that combines two PreSonus XMAX™ Class A microphone preamplifiers; six line-level, analog input channels; S/PDIF digital input and output; MIDI I/O; and headphone monitoring with separate gain control. The FireStudio Mobile beats any and all competition when it comes to flexibility and input count. You can record a whole band with the FireStudio Mobile.
For a compact, portable unit, the FireStudio Mobile is loaded with I/O. We start with a pair of combination XLR/TS mic/instrument jacks, which are in the inputs for channels 1 and 2. The XLR mic inputs are routed to the aforementioned XMAX solid-state mic preamplifiers. The high-impedance, TS instrument inputs let you plug guitars or basses directly into the front panel.
On the back are 6 more balanced, ¼-inch line level inputs for channels 3 through 8, plus a DB9 connector that accepts a breakout cable (included) to provide stereo S/PDIF digital I/O and MIDI I/O. You get two FireWire 400 ports: one port connects to your computer, and the other can be used to connect a hard drive or to daisy-chain any FireStudio-family interface, including the StudioLive 16.4.2 digital mixer, allowing you to integrate the FireStudio Mobile into a larger system.
A pair of 3-LED level/clip indicators let you check the signal levels for channels 1 and 2, and a button enables 48V phantom power for the two mic channels. Also on the front panel are gain knobs for the two mic/instrument inputs and for the main stereo outputs and a stereo headphone output with gain knob. Gain for the mic inputs ranges from –10 dB to +70 dB; the high-impedance instrument inputs range from –30 dB to +50 dB of gain. Finally, a power/sync indicator LED shows whether the FireStudio Mobile is receiving adequate power and is correctly receiving word clock.
- All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface
- Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Full-featured, flexible automation
- Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and resampling engine
- Control Link™ (advanced MIDI mapping made easy)
- Twenty 32-bit Native Sound™ plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ
- Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth
- Ability to control FireStudio Mobile's software mixer to create zero-latency cue mixes.
- Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments™ Kore™ Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments™ Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack™ EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!
- Windows 7, Vista, XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later (32-bit and 64-bit)
- PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) that you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals.
Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.extras go here
16-channel Digital Mixer with 12 XMAX Preamps, Built-in DSP effects, and Software. Presonus has packed the same audio quality, performance, seamlessly integrated software (including remote control) into a smaller, even more affordable package than you thought possible.
In a “footprint” of less than 2 square feet (0.19 m2), the compact, 16-channel StudioLive 16.0.2 offers 8 mono input channels and 4 stereo channels and provides 12 XMAX Class A solid-state mic preamps. (Well, okay, it actually has 13 XMAX preamps; the Talkback input has one, too.)
The 16.0.2's Fat Channel is well stocked with compressors, limiters, gates, phase reverse, high-pass filters, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ. Two stereo, 32-bit floating-point effects processors deliver delay and reverb effects. Moreover, a glance at the rear panel reveals that "Junior" offers something the two bigger boards don't: MIDI In and Out. You can recall Scenes from a DAW using MIDI Program Changes, control the main output volume and effects level, and even mute effects between songs—all thanks to the magic of MIDI control.
More than a mixer: an integrated system.
The StudioLive™ 16.0.2 integrates a 16x16 FireWire interface and comes with Capture™, Studio One Artist™ recording and production software, and Virtual StudioLive bidirectional control software.
Moreover, you can control virtually the entire mixer from an iPad® using PreSonus StudioLive Remote, and you can control the aux (monitor) mixes from an iPhone® or iPod touch® using PreSonus QMix™. Both are free downloads from the Apple App Store.
There are five parts to this unique system:
- Virtual StudioLive for laptop control and editor/librarian functions
- StudioLive Remote for iPad remote control (available free from the Apple App Store)
- QMix for iPhone and iPod touch remote control (available free from the Apple App Store)
- Capture for two-click multi-track recording and playback
- Studio One Artist Digital Audio Workstation for enhancing your recordings (and for direct recording from StudioLive 16.0.2 or any compatible interface)
8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier
- XLR mic and balanced ¼" line inputs
- 60 mm precision fader
4 stereo line channel inputs, with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- Balanced ¼" line inputs (Ch. 9-16)
- Unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16)
- 60 mm precision fader (4 stereo)
- 4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
2 Internal FX buses
2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb and delay presets
Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with:
- 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual band on/off)
- Full-featured compressor
- Standard downward expander
- Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiers only)
- Pan with dedicated 15-LED display
- Stereo link for input channels and aux buses
- High-pass filter
One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
16-in/16-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- Compatible with most audio software via ASIO, Windows Audio, Core Audio
Scene store and recall
Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets.
Software bundle for Mac® and Windows® includes:
extras go here
- PreSonus Studio One® Artist digital audio workstation
- PreSonus Capture™ live-recording software
- PreSonus Universal Control with Virtual StudioLive™ bidirectional mixer-control software
- Free downloadable software from the Apple App Store provides wireless remote control, including PreSonus StudioLive Remote for iPad®, PreSonus QMix™ for iPhone® and iPod touch®